recent posts

social media menu

More leonine loveliness

Only time for a quick post today as I'm off to a metal festival in east London. Slightly scary – but a good friend's boyfriend is in a (very non-metal) band tipped for big things, called St Jude – “a modern day Janis Joplin fronting the Faces” says one reviewer. I'm dying to see them: here they are covering the Temptations' I know I'm losing you. Pretty amazing, and well worth braving the metallers for, I think...

Anyway. As a result of all of that, I'll just briefly share something else lovely and leonine that caught my eye this week (in the same old-school style way as the Muji stone lion below).

Isn't he gorgeous?

He's by illustrator Chris Rain, who was inspired to create him by a trip to London Zoo – where all the lions were asleep, and is on sale for just £40 at the super cool Airside shop.

The screenprint is A2 size and one of a very limited edition of just 30. So get in there quick.

It'd look lovely on a child's bedroom wall, or to give a bright welcome in the hall.

No comments :

Post a Comment