recent posts

social media menu

This week I've loved...

1. Cushions covered in vintage kimonos

Aren't these colourful cushions stunning? I found them while researching fabrics (which I'll be writing about in my next Insider column in the Independent on Sunday). The cushion covers are made, mostly, from vintage kimono fabric or other second-hand finds. The woman behind these beautiful creations is upholster, Heather Linnet, who runs the website Eclectic Chair. These gorgeous things start at £25.



2. Discovering Vivian Maier's photography

© 2011 Maloof Collection, Ltd
I went to the launch of the London Street Photography Festival, where I was mesmerised by the exhibition of images taken by Vivian Maier, above. I've bought three of her postcards to decorate my new office with.



3. Eyeing up office accessories


My new office is slowly coming together. Very slowly. And while I should probably focus on the big things (finessing my desk, which is currently fashioned from a piece of chip-board balanced on some shelves, and sorting out the boxes of stuff I moved from my not-at-home office instead of letting them gather dust in the garage), it's been much more fun window-shopping for the little touches. Like these goodies from Present & Correct: (clockwise from left) good graphic print-covered planning books, £5; a dinky German designed desk calendar, £45 and this prettily patterned masking tape, £8.50 for the set, with which I shall stick up my Vivian Maier postcards.

No comments :

Post a Comment