recent posts

social media menu

London Design Festival postscript – part I

It's been a full old weekend, following a jam-packed week, with the London Design Festival to get the most out of. And I've discovered so many exciting new designers, makers and cool companies – all of which will be appearing on these pages down the line. For now, I'll post up a few of my highlights throughout the week to give a bit of a flavour. 

Scanning through my snaps, colour seems to be a continuing theme – lots of it, while animals and nature also feature heavily, and there was plenty of delightfully surprising quirk (from spotted ceramic chihuahuas to mix-n-clash wallpapers and beautiful art made out of centimetre-high plastic people). So stay tuned. But for now...
Clockwise from top right: affordable vintage clocks by London Timepiece at Tent London; I loved the stunning and versatile textiles by name-to-watch, Chloe Scadding at Designer's Block – versatile, because each colour is a separate, laser-cut pattern, so any number of combinations of colour/graphic can be created; I don't know who made these gloriously hued discs that were suspended from the entrance hall ceiling at Designer's Block, but they're stunning, aren't they? There's an interesting idea for high-ceilinged homes; finally, the simple combination of driftwood and acid brights drew me in to Ella Robinson's stand at Origin, which continues in east London's Spitalfields until Wednesday.

I'll be featuring more lovely stuff from some of these people imminently, as well as a whole load of other talent that took my fancy.

No comments :

Post a Comment