- Titus sardines, 97p from Africa One Stop Shop
- Original 1950s and 60s paperclip and drawing pin collection, around £6 each, from Present & Correct
- Penguin Great Food collection includes slim volumes of gastronomic wisdom inside beautiful covers. Here, A Taste of the Sun, Elizabeth David, Notes from Madras, Colonel Wyvern Wyvern and Recipes and Lessons from a Delicious Cooking Revolution, Alice Waters, £6.99 each. Or buy the whole set, £140 (but a fraction of that price at The Book People)
- Lavender Water, first made in Portugal in 1887, £20 from Labour & Wait
- Old Czech matchbox labels, £6 (to create your own pristine packaging), from Present & Correct
- 1930s Portuguese toothpaste, £2.50, from Labour & Wait (not original 1930s...).
The inspiration to post about packaging came after my friend Abi returned from Lisbon with the gift of a little book, all about the joys of some of Portugal's most iconically packaged products (below; the title translates as Genuine and touching products of original Portuguese creation). It's nice isn't it?