recent posts

social media menu

Introducing... textile designer Anna Wooster

As London Design Festival draws closer – the city-wide event here that (among other things) shows off heaps of new creative talent – I'm plundering last year's finds...

...all those flyers and cards and notes I scribbled when I saw something I liked. Here's one: Anna Wooster, an interesting, not-long-graduated textile designer with a suitably urban edge to her work.

From Brighton to LDN
Since gaining her first class honours just last year, she's had her patterns on sale at the Natural Curtain Company and through online shop, Perry Nelvill, which focuses on hunting out new textiles and fashion graduates to watch.

Bristol Block


LDN High

Manc Damask
"My designs are heavily influenced by my love for ‘traditional’ textile design styles such as Toiles de Jouy, willow patterns and chintz," Anna says. "I have a passion for pictorial designs and visual delicates but I am also greatly inspired by the concept of something beautiful having another meaning, narrative or message."

The toile-with-a-twist idea has been done before – notably by Timorous Beasties (whose gritty tableaux may well win the prize for most ubiquitous gastro pub loo wallpaper ever) but city landscapes have so much beauty and design potential – I just don't think they can be plundered too much. Besides, could there be a better name for a fabric than Manc Damask?

Bristol Stripe


See more of Anna's work at her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment