recent posts

social media menu

Impulse buy of the week: a toucan shaped lamp

Ah yes, we've all been there: car boot, chucking it down with rain, no bargains in sight when suddenly your 'phone rings; it's the other half: "Where are you? I've found something fabulous..."

So off I trot, past the tarpaulins and rain sodden traders to find the husband. And here's what we bought:

Yes. A floor lamp in the shape of a toucan. Don't ask me why, don't ask me how. I think it was a combination of sleep deprivation, bucketing rain and a kick of nostalgia. Nostalgia for all things kitsch.

Anyway, for the princely sum of £8 this delightfully batty (and, we suspect, homemade) lamp is our latest fix-up project. Mr Abi is going to polish the brass, fix the wobble, check the electrics and generally make our toucan all shiny again.

And I'm going to find a lampshade (although I do have a soft spot for the gloriously shabby seventies number he came complete with). Yes, the division of labour seems a little unfair but quite frankly he made me buy it. I do think Toucan's going to look lovely against a plain white wall though, illuminating a little reading corner. He might not be mid-century or even Danish but he's odd. And that's good enough for me.

What do you reckon? I'll upload the "after" pics when we've spruced him up.

Post by Abi

1 comment :