recent posts

social media menu

Falcon Enamelware:
a design classic

Falcon Enamelware seems to be everywhere stylish right now. Which is good, because it is a thing of sturdy, British-made, 1920s-born beauty. A total design classic.



So I was very pleased to pick up some classic blue and white Falcon rice plates (left) in my local market, for just £1.75 a-piece. I think I have used them every day since – they are the perfect size and shape for pretty much any meal, rice or no. Not to mention making it more aesthetically pleasing.

The company is based in Sheffield, and the products – made from porcelaine fused onto heavy-gauge steel – are ridiculously hardy: you can even cook on the hob with them (with a good oven glove). They're virtually indestructible, too, though a chip is the end, as you'll have opened a gateway to rust.

Next on my Enamelware list is a pie dish. I think the shape is so satisfying. It might even inspire me to start making pies. It would have to.





You can buy a whole pie set (above left) direct from Falcon; five different sized dishes for £44.99 (it comes in blue/white or red/white). And they come in a lovely box. A very good Christmas present for the keen, stylish baker in your life. You can also buy beakers (above right) in different colours, for £4.99 each. And on Amazon, there is every piece of Falcon Enamelware you could wish for – including my rice plates.

No comments :

Post a Comment