recent posts

social media menu

Off the wall

I've just discovered a new shop (thank you Abi, she of the recent printer-tray-to-jewellery-storage post). I like it, so I thought I'd share it in case you don't already know it...

It's called The Vintage Wall, and the concept – click to buy items from a shop-style display – comes hot on the heels of the fabulously inspiring original, Supermarket Sarah (whose innovative web shop/art display/styling extravaganza approach to selling secondhand gems online has had her guesting as a pop-up in Selfridges, last year). It's a great idea that is sure to keep spreading. Have you seen any other excellent wall style shops online? I'd love to hear about them if so. Hit the comment box or email me at kate@yourhomeislovely.com

Chairman Mao wall

Male Champion wall


Rustic tiles wall

It's such a simple, but brilliant idea for bringing objects to life in online stores, where it can be hard to imagine how a freaky but wonderful object – such as these slightly creepy hands, below (which, of course, I love), £15 a-piece. The shop's descriptions are full of ideas, too – it suggests these corpse-like gems could also be used as light-pulls or handles. Done anything clever with unusual old things in your home?

Creepy hands wall

No comments :

Post a Comment