recent posts

social media menu

The Eames of the textile world

Scant posts this week... a bit of a family emergency. I'll be back when I can: meanwhile, to tide things over, I direct you (especially if you are lucky enough to be in New York) to some images from the NY Mag to this wonderful looking exhibition 'The World of DD and Leslie Tillett', about the mid-century American husband and wife textile design team, favourites of Jacqueline Kennedy.

The show, on at the Museum of the City of New York until February, provides a peek inside the couple's incredible home / showroom. That kitchen, especially, gives me visions of my fantasy alternative Manhattan life. Read the backstory of this influential, yet lesser-known creative couple here.



And in case you missed details of the visual telling of another famous mid-century design couple, do check out the Eames movie too.

No comments :

Post a Comment